Everyone has a dream. José Paronella’s dream became a reality. On five hectares beside Mena Creek Falls he built his castle, a picnic area by the falls, tennis courts, bridges, a tunnel, and wrapped it up in an amazing range of 7,500 tropical plants and trees. He even harnessed the waterfall for his electricity. Paronella Park opened to the public in 1935.
Today, visitors to the park marvel at the achievements of one man.
Admission to Paronella Park is valid for 24 months and covers both the tours. There is a 45 minute guided walk that explains the extraordinary story and takes you through the highlights of the park, as well as the stunning Darkness Falls Tour where the castles and waterfall are flood-lit to allow for amazing photo opportunities.
Admission also includes the souvenir guide book, fish food, umbrellas, access to the online photo gallery, as well as a site for one night in the adjacent van park.
Disabled access available, contact operator for details.
- Climate Action Business Certified by Ecotourism Australia
- COVID Clean Practicing Business
- ATEC COVID Ready/ WTTC Safe Travels Stamp
- COVID Safe
- ECO Certified (Advanced Ecotourism) by Ecotourism Australia
- National Trust
- Quality Tourism Accreditation
- Sustainable Tourism Accreditation